Sleeps more than 20
Chalet Monashee - Chamonix Mont Blanc
Chalet Monashee, is truly a unique place, which is set in a spectacular location close to Chamonix town centre (1 hour's drive from Geneva airport). At the foot of Europe's largest descending glacier, we are in the heart of the Chamonix valley.
Built in 1552, our chalet started life as a traditional French Alpine farm. Recently it has been lovingly renovated and converted into what it is today; a beautiful large chalet, with attention paid to detail, maintaining its original features, whilst offering all the modern luxuries.
Our Chamonix chalet is very close to the major ski lifts in the valley. Our central location offers Chalet Monashee a spacious surrounding, with stunning views of the entire valley. All of Chamonix's main transportation facilities are on our door step.
We can guarantee your stay in the chalet will be an unforgettable one, allowing you to relax and unwind, whilst soaking up the stunning views of Mont-Blanc. At sunset from our hot tub, the mountains and glaciers glow orange, a most spectacular view!
We hope to welcome you soon at Chalet Monashee.
Chalet Monashee is a wonderful traditional 16th century converted farmhouse. Today it offers our guests the following features:
- 8 to 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, sleeping 16 to 24 people in winter and up to 28 in summer (see bedroom layout chart below for details).
- All our beds can be configured into either doubles or twins.
- Hot Tub (Outdoor 8 man Swedish design) and indoor sauna
- Plasma Big screen TV with video & DVD with UK SKY TV package (including Sports channels)
- Large Open Plan Seating & Dining area with a huge cosy open fire place
- CD player and iPod connection
- A selection of board games, DVDs and a library
- WIFI broadband internet access throughout chalet & chalet PC with internet access.
- Ski storage area and Boot warming facilities
- Balcony overlooking large alpine garden facing Mont Blanc
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities (winter only)
- Honesty bar
- Free parking
Having lived and run a chalet in Chamonix for over 10 years our team have been hand picked to ensure the very highest level of service and detail to your holiday.
The key is always local knowledge from tried and tested personal experience, whether it be to recommend the correct ski area for your day, or help you navigate through the minefield of ski/board lesson choices to make sure you get the best option and value for money.
You can enjoy the following at Chalet Monashee in winter:
- Welcome drinks and canapés await you upon arrival.
- Every morning you will be greeted with a hearty continental breakfast.
- Home made cake/canapés and hot beverages will be served by the roaring log fire to welcome you back from your day on the mountain.
- 6 days a week we prepare you a delicious high quality 3 to 4 course dinner, which includes carefully selected fine wines, followed by tea/coffee & chocolates (Wednesday is our day off)
- Our bedrooms offer all bed linen, fluffy towels, bathrobes, a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries
- We provide one morning drop off (departing the chalet between 9:00 - 10 am) and one afternoon pick up (After 4:00pm - 5:00pm) with our mini bus (8 seater) to and from your local desired ski area.
- For those of you who want to party into the night, we are happy to run you into town after dinner up until 10pm.
- We work with an excelent ski equipment rental company who come and do a fitting in the chalet for you.
- Free arrangement of ski passes & guiding (e.g. valley blanche). Information on lessons with door to door pick up and drop off by the instructor/guide as well as more specialist adventures such as helicopter flights, dog sledging, paragliding, skidoo night in Italy
- We are a team of 4 looking after you; A Head chef; 2 chalet hosts and a full time cleaner.
Additional Services we can offer
- We arrange, upon request, day trips to Courmayeur in Italy (20 minute drive).
- Delicious packed lunches
- In house massage service
- We offer airport transfers to and from Geneva
Please let me know the availability and price
Sorry, but no pets allowed.
Wonderful large spacious authentic chalet
8 + 9th in the eaves room
Large open plan area with seating and log fire, sauna, guitar & piano
Honesty bar, Sky TV, Wi Fi Broadband
|Outside||Hot tub. large alpine garden & balcony & lots of off road parking|
The chalet is located in Les Bossons.
For price and availability, please call us on +44 (0) 845 460 0606, or email using the form below.
Please complete the form below to make an enquiry. If possible, supply your dates, party size (and number of rooms required), maximum total budget, and any other requirements.
Please let me know the availability and price
Email a friend
Please use this form to let a friend know about Chalet Monashee